Andrea Luehmann, Ltd.
Andrea Luehmann, Ltd. is a boutique style tax, accounting, and auditing firm that has provided professional services to American subsidiaries of German medium-sized companies for over 30 years. Andrea Luehmann, Ltd. has represented the majority of its clients from their onset in the U.S.
Andrea Luehmann, Ltd. consists of 15 highly-skilled, motivated professionals from both Germany and the U.S., many with several years of international experience. To ensure comprehensive service Andrea Luehmann, Ltd. works closely with German speaking attorneys who also offer U.S. legal advice.
Andrea Luehmann, Ltd. is an owner-managed, public accounting firm specializing in tax, accounting, auditing, and consulting services in the U.S.
Our goal is to develop customized solutions for our clients by giving them individual advice and support. Due to our lean structure, we are able to make timely and precise decisions while never losing sight of the essentials. Furthermore, the continuity of our team ensures consistent, high-quality reliability of proposed solutions.
We stay proactive by keeping in touch with our clients, continually seeking advice where needed. As a firm focused on the Mittelstand, we nurture personal contact with our clients through onsite visits and in-person meetings to assist with unique and developing needs.
Established in 1986, Andrea Luehmann, Ltd. specializes in supporting German and/or German-speaking clients with financial interests in the U.S. Our consulting services are therefore tailored especially for closely-held medium-sized German, Austrian, and Swiss companies as well as high net-worth individuals.
We focus on addressing our clients’ individual needs and challenges by providing solution-oriented concepts ranging from setting-up subsidiaries to in-depth advisory during acquisitions of existing companies.
A long-term and all-encompassing view from an entrepreneurial standpoint is our persisting core objective. We take the time necessary to comprehensively understand the business of our clients so we can jointly make the right decisions.
The majority of our clients have been family-owned over many generations. Every day we are committed to being a reliable and competent partner for them.
We would be pleased to welcome you for a personal meeting with us.
Andrea Luehmann, Ltd. is an independent and entirely network free public accounting firm that is open to cooperation on various levels. Our firm is a licensed CPA firm (AICPA) and also accredited by the German Chamber of Auditors (WPK) in Berlin, Germany.
Our neutrality and collaboration with other public accounting firms and loose networks set us apart from many other service providers in the industry.
We are convinced that network free collaborations and project-based teaming with other advisory firms establish an important foundation for the success of future generations. Consequently, we achieve considerable synergies and specialized experience in even shorter periods of time.
Andrea Luehmann, Ltd. does not only see itself as a tax and accounting firm for our own clients, but also as a competent and reliable partner for other consulting organizations. Please feel free to contact us for further dialog about collaborations.
- Tax Compliance for various business types, individuals, and expatriates
- Multi-State Sales and Use Tax Consulting
- Tax Consulting related to Estate and Gift Taxes
- Consulting as part of the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Initiative (OVDI)
- Offshore Disclosures related to the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- Transfer Pricing Studies
- Representation before tax authorities
- Bookkeeping and payroll services
- Coordination of Employee Benefits
- Periodic On-Site Management and Mentoring of Accounting Staff
- Preparation of Operating Budgets
- Cost accounting and Controlling assistance
- Support with cash management
- Annual audits of financial statements (US GAAP, HGB, IFRS)
- Audits of subsidiaries in connection with group reporting
- Review of interoffice reporting packages
- Financial Statements compilation assistance
- Performance of agreed-upon procedures
- US GAAP conversions
- Selection of legal type and founding of entity
- Supporting in selection of locations and financing
- Assessment Accounting and Management- Information systems
- Due Diligence services
- Support in valuation of business
- Risk- and Compliance Management including internal revision
- Liquidation plans and profitability analysis
Thomas B. Richter
Mr. Richter is a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the U.S. as well as accredited Wirtschaftsprüfer (WP) in Germany. He has a degree in German Business Administration, derived in part through a 1-year exchange program at Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland. Prior to joining Andrea Luehmann, Ltd., Mr. Richter worked for Arthur Andersen, LLP and Ernst & Young, LLP in both the U.S. and Germany for over 15 years where he provided auditing and advisory services to medium-sized companies. He is specialized in U.S. GAAP and German GAAP reporting (HGB).
With Mr. Richter’s takeover of the firm in the summer of 2016, the long-term future and continued development of Andrea Luehmann, Ltd. as an independent management-owned organization is ensured.
Mrs. Luehmann is the founder of Andrea Luehmann, Ltd. which has provided advisory services for over 30 years. Mrs. Luehmann holds a degree in Business Administration with a major in International Taxation from the University of Hamburg in Hamburg, Germany. Following her studies, Mrs. Luehmann worked for Coopers & Lybrand in Chicago for 6 years. She quickly recognized a distinct demand for accounting services for foreign, medium-sized subsidiaries in the U.S. and founded the firm Andrea Luehmann, Ltd. in 1986.
In 2016, Mrs. Luehmann transitioned ownership of Andrea Luehmann, Ltd. to Mr. Richter and remains heavily involved in the firm and its clients in an advisory capacity.
Our firm has a skilled workforce of highly motivated employees in the areas of taxation, accounting, and auditing. The majority of our experts have work experience on both continents and are accredited U.S. Steuerberater, CPAs, and Wirtschaftsprüfer (Auditors). Our teams’ cultural background and bilingual skills are key elements to our success.
We are proud to say that our employee turnover is very low. We continually strive to maintain a healthy mix of qualified individuals - from experts with years of experience to recent college graduates.
Within this model, we are always interested in adding additional skilled employees to our firm. We deliberately provide an alternative work place to larger public accounting firms. In addition to flex-time models, we offer interdisciplinary on the job training through various areas of tax, accounting, and auditing practices.
We believe it is critical that our employees have enough time to focus on their clients without feeling rushed. Our employees also deserve sufficient free time to spend with their families and friends. We are convinced that this creates the highest potential of our staff and meets the needs for a modern and harmonious personal life at the same time.
Please contact us if you would like to find out more or want to send us your resume.
We are always seeking highly motivated, skilled employees to join our team who are preferably fluent in both English and German.
If you are interested in being part of an expanding company with an international clientele, please send your resume to: email@example.com.
Experienced Tax Preparer (Full Time)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Compensation: Competitive compensation incl. benefits
We are seeking an experienced Tax preparer/Accountant to join our International Team at our brand-new office suite in downtown Chicago. This position works closely with Firm Leadership, Tax Manager and the other firm staff, the primary responsibilities are the following:
- Preparation of corporate and individual income tax returns
- Preparation and review of sales and use tax returns
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Support of Accounting Group
- Bachelor's degree is required (CPA a plus)
- At least 5 to 7 years of related experience
- Must possess strong Excel skills
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Experience with CCH Axcess preferred
- Experience with Quickbooks
Please send your application (incl. your resume/CV and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Tax Preparer/Reviewer Andrea Luehmann Ltd. / your name" in the subject line. We look forward to receiving your application!
Audit Senior (Full-Time or Part-Time)
Start Date: September 2021
Compensation: Competitive compensation incl. benefits
We are seeking suitably qualified and high performing professional to join our audit team. You will be involved in providing assurance services to our portfolio of international clients in the manufacturing and service industry. You will be responsible for the execution of Andrea Luehmann Ltd.’s audit approach and leading audit teams during the fieldwork. In addition, you will have the opportunity to provide a variety of non-assurance services to our clients.
We also offer flex time – the ability to work full-time during the busy season and fewer hours or taking time off during the slower months.
The position reports directly to the leadership of the firm and includes the following responsibilities:
- Provides management over a portfolio of clients and delivers high quality audit and assurance service, including preparation and review of audit plans and work
- Maintains the highest technical and professional standards
- Thinks strategically about client needs by understanding their business and key risks
- Anticipates and manages issues, and finds effective solutions
- Provides additional help and guidance to clients on a consultancy basis
- Recognizes opportunities to provide additional services to clients
- Identifies ways to maximize the relationship with clients and delivers added value
- Manages project financials, including budgets and timely billing
- Takes a leadership role in professional, business, or community organizations
- Mentors and trains auditing staff
- Serves as a role model for auditing professionals
- Undertakes wider office activities as needed
- Professional accounting qualification and/or a bachelor’s/master’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or foreign equivalent is desired
- Understanding of and knowledge in US GAAP, IFRS or German GAAP (desirable, but not a must)
- 3 to 5 years of financial statement audit experience at a public accounting firm
- Strong background and experience with audit methodologies and techniques
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication, and project management skills including team leadership
- High-level proficiency in English and preferably German (desirable, but not a must)
- Ability to build relationships while asking tough questions
- Strong time management and organizational skills
Please send your application (incl. your resume/CV and cover letter) to email@example.com with "Audit Senior Andrea Luehmann Ltd. / your name" in the subject line. We look forward to receiving your application!
Audit / Accounting Intern
Start Date: September/October 2022
Duration: 6-18 months
The intern will be traveling with our audit team and conduct external audits of our clients' financial statements. Interns will gain practical experience while being on site of the client, learn about audit procedures from the beginning until the end of an audit engagement and apply learned audit practices. Within scope of our audit projects the Intern has the following technical and professional responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding of the firm’s audit approach, methodology & tool
- Establish working relationships with client personnel and perform staff interviews
- Perform analytical review of audit documents
- Review client accounting and operating procedures and systems of internal control
- Identify accounting and auditing issues; perform research to solve issues that arise
- Provide recommendations for improved controls and enhanced business efficiency
The Intern will also be responsible for some of our accounting customers and perform required accounting procedures on a day-to-day basis:
- Reconciling general ledger accounts
- Assist with general accounting month-end closing procedure
- Help with bank statements reconciliation, as well as accounts payable and receivable
- Research all discrepancies with account reconciliations including providing resolution
- Prepare standard and non-standard journal entries as assigned or as directed
- Responsible for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (German GAAP or other). Ideally, the intern should have completed at least 6 credit hours of financial accounting coursework
- Very strong attention to detail, financial aptitude and excellent organizational skills
- High-level proficiency in English and German
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent IT skills: The entire MS Office Suite, Especially strong skills with Microsoft Excel are required, including the ability to run advanced functions. Exposure to computerized accounting systems such as QuickBooks would be a definite plus
- A great interest in working with an international team
- High level of motivation, flexibility and willingness to travel
Please send your application (incl. your resume/CV and cover letter) to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Audit Intern Andrea Luehmann Ltd. / your name" in the subject line. We look forward to receiving your application!